With today’s technology, cosmetic changes are now non-invasive, quick, and guaranteed to show results. Injectables are currently the most popular cosmetic procedure in the United States with over five million people receiving Botox or fillers within the past year alone. If you are considering getting injectable or filler treatments, it is crucial to inform yourself about the different types and what results they achieve.
The two most common types of injectables are:
- Neurotoxins – Neurotoxins relax specific muscles in your face and prevent specific nerve impulses from contracting or moving. This injectable is usually identified as Botox and used in areas with shallow wrinkles such as in crow’s feet or the forehead. This treatment lasts for four months and should be maintained.
- Dermal Fillers – Dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid fillers and are the most common type. It is for deeper wrinkles to plump up sagging skin, folds, under-eye circles, and the loss of collagen in any specific areas. One of the most common dermal fillers is Juvederm which corrects severe wrinkles and reverses the appearance of aging. Juvederm treatments are available at your local Las Vegas medical spa.
Types of Neurotoxin Injections
There are four types of Neurotoxin injections or Botulinum Toxin injections. These types of injections work by blocking nerves and muscles for cosmetic purposes. The muscles no longer move which reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Here are the four different types of neurotoxins:
- Botox – results last for up to four months
- Dysport – works quicker than Botox and will last up to four months
- Xeomin – may last longer than Botox and contains no additives
- Myobloc – stronger than Botox
While each of these Botox injections may be helpful for migraines, excessive sweating, or stroke spasticity, they also have their own side effects that need to be addressed. If you have Botox treatments and experience any of the following symptoms, it is important to see a doctor:
- Trouble swallowing, talking, or breathing
- Problems with vision
- Heart issues
There is no recovery period following neurotoxin and botulinum toxin injections and patients who receive treatment from their local Las Vegas medical spa can immediately return to their daily activities. Results of these treatments are be visible after one week and it is important to note that the number of injections will vary from each individual. However, these procedures are not for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are four types of injectable dermal fillers that fill out lines and facial wrinkles. While Botox and other neurotoxin injections block muscles from moving, dermal fillers actually fill the creases so problem areas will disappear. The purpose is to plump areas that may have lost their elasticity as well as lift cheeks, chins, or jawlines and fill in lips. The four types of dermal fillers include:
- Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle Fillers – the most popular fillers within this type are Juvederm, Juvederm Volbella, and HylaForm. It’s results can last for over a year.
- Collagen Wrinkle Fillers – collagen is one of those most natural-looking fills but does not last as long because it is made from an animal source. One of the most common types is Cosmoderm.
- Autologous Wrinkle Fillers – these involve having two procedures. One procedure is to remove fat from your stomach or thighs and then to inject it into another area. For example, they remove love handles from your stomach and then use it to fill in your face.
- Synthetic Wrinkle Fillers – this category is more long lasting than hyaluronic acid but may cause disfigurement because the substances used are unrelated to those found naturally in your skin. Some of the most common fillers include Bellafill, Sculptra, and Silicone.
Each of these fillers have their own risks and it is crucial to learn about what you are allergic to and to learn more about fillers from doctors. Ask your doctor if the fillers are FDA-approved and where they may be purchasing their products. Tell your doctor if you experience any bruising, redness, swelling, or any allergic reactions.
In conclusion, if you are considering a medical cosmetic treatment, contact a medical spa in Las Vegas for more information. Ageless Aesthetics is highly-rated medical spa with over 20 years of experience. It is the best medical spa in Las Vegas with skilled aesthetic medical professionals. They offer the latest procedures and anti-aging medicine and aesthetics that are currently on the market. Consultations are complimentary with no obligations. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact 702-AGELESS or 702-243-5377.